Inbound marketing and the content that fuels it holds an unlimited amount of power to transform a business’s sales strategy and lead generation success. And creating invaluable premium content as part of your inbound marketing strategy is a great way to really begin filling up your sales funnel. It also helps educate potential leads regarding various aspects of your business and gives them a reason to trust the information you deliver.
However, creating premium content as part of your sales and lead generation strategy is just the beginning. The next step involves the promotion of your content across a variety of channels and using various, strategic methods. Keep reading to learn more about premium content and how to properly promote it in order to gain maximum results for your investment and efforts.
What is Premium Content?
Premium content is more detailed, comprehensive information that your company provides for consumers that answers questions they are searching for on Google. It is quality information of enough value that people are willing to exchange their contact information for it. Where blogs provide an ongoing supply of quickly digestible bites of information, premium content is a higher level of content, and it can take on many different forms.
Types of Premium Content
A landing page of premium content resources may contain things like:
- Webinar recordings
- White papers
- Case studies
- Graphics and charts
- Interactive tools like quizzes and more.
How to Create a Premium Content Campaign That Maximizes Results
Having solid premium content designed and completed is only your first step. Now, it’s important to create a solid marketing campaign to promote your premium content. After all, if nobody knows it’s out there and available, it isn’t worth much!
So, let’s say that you are promoting an eBook, for example. In this case, we suggest building your campaign using the following items:
- Landing pages that look nice and are on-brand. They should give viewers a taste of what is in the eBook and sell them on why they should download it, as well as give them the form needed to download the content.
- CTAs should be designed that can be used in your other blogs that links to the landing page where your eBook lives.
- Then, create a series of blog topics that point toward the eBook. These topics provide a snippet of what is inside the eBook. Readers who want to know more will click through to see what the eBook is all about.
- Along those same lines, we suggest creating a blog post that is the same name as the eBook. Since Google doesn’t recognize landing pages the same way they recognize the content, a corresponding blog post will get the job done nicely.
- Promote your content through an email marketing strategy to your current subscribers and database, as well as to your existing customers and prospects.
- Share with prospects who ask questions or have an interest related to this topic. This will help you get valuable lead intelligence on them as well as establish credibility.
- Lastly, be sure to drive all your marketing around that eBook for a period of time on your social media channels, your traditional marketing, and your paid digital advertising.
Remember, the purpose of premium content isn’t about simply sharing information. It’s about using information for the purpose of positioning your business as a trusted authority, driving your website to the first page of search results for as many keywords as possible, and inviting MQLs (marketing qualified leads), all through your website. In short, your website should be making you money, and a solid, well-planned premium content strategy will do that.
Our clients have seen great levels of success when they choose to harness the power of premium content and often find that it is one of the best ways to drive traffic to their website and generate quality leads. Contact our team here at fuze32 to learn more about inbound marketing and premium content, to see how it could help you transform your business’s sales funnel!