We’ve previously shared extensive information about the impact that inbound marketing can have on businesses. But we get it: Sometimes, you just need some solid statistics to help turn a good point into a great one! So with that in mind, we’re offering a list of ten statistics that prove why your business truly does need inbound marketing in order to achieve lead generation like never before.
- 68% of B2B customers prefer to research independently online before making a purchase decision.
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their minds up about a brand before starting their online research. (Woah – 90%?! Are they finding the content they need on your business’ website or on your competitors’?)
- Only 29% of people want to talk to a salesperson to learn more about a product, while 62% will consult a search engine first.
- 47% of buyers view at least three to five pieces of online content before deciding to speak with a sales team.
- Today’s most successful B2B marketers spend at least 40% of their total marketing budget on content marketing.
- 79% of B2B marketers credit email as the most effective distribution channel for lead generation.
- Inbound marketing generates three times more leads per dollar than traditional methods.
- Target persona-driven content generated by inbound increases the volume of sales-qualified leads (SQLs) by 45%.
- Businesses that nurture their leads through inbound principles make 50% more sales.
- Content marketing results in three times more leads than paid search advertising.
So, there you have it! Ten statistics that expose the need for inbound marketing in today’s business world! Are consumers and businesses finding what they need on your website? Or are they getting educated by your competitors and causing you to lose hundreds, or even thousands, of sales? Stats like these prove that it’s a great time to really get serious about implementing an inbound marketing strategy.