Infographics have been getting more and more popular over the years. Everywhere you look, you see them displayed on sites like Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. They are unique and eye-catching pieces of content tailored to your audience. Infographics are an effective way to gain interest and generate traffic to your website.
So, how can you start incorporating infographics into your marketing content? We’ve rounded up the best tips on how you can use infographics to boost search engine optimization (SEO.)
Infographics Provide a Unique Twist
An infographic can take a boring or complex message and turn it into a fun creative experience. When designing your infographic, it’s important to put your own unique twist on it! A unique design will capture more attention than a regular bar or line graph. It’s an easier way to digest the information presented to help get your messages to your audience. It’s engaging and more importantly, it’s supported by other content from your website and social media platforms.
How are Infographics Effective?
These images are a combination of design and words, which describes a message and translates it to targeted audiences easier. So, how are they effective?
- When infographics are used with other elements on your website, it boosts your SEO ranking.
- Infographics make heavy and uninteresting topics easier to understand and adds some fun to subject content.
- A well designed infographic leaves an impact on the mind of your audiences.
- A huge percentage of users are viewing your website and content on mobile, and infographics are super effective on bringing content to smartphones and tablets.
SEO and Infographics
From an SEO standpoint, infographics are one of the most effective methods of link building. The amount of back-links that are generated is huge compared to other link building methods. There’s a reason why infographics have become more popular over the years, here’s why:
- Effective Marketing: The key reason why infographics are gaining in popularity is because people are now more interested in visual content compared to regular information. According to a study conducted by MDG Advertising, content marketing with visual elements generates over 95% of views.
- Brand Awareness: Infographics have an impact on the important information that pertains to your brand, products, or services. If done in the right way, an infographic can serve as an effective communication tool. Not only can infographics boost SEO, but they can also increase brand awareness and drive more traffic to your website.
- Infographics are Shareable: Through infographics, you can get the results you desire. The relevancy of infographics is at an all-time high. The best part? Infographics can be easily shared for several months after the first publishing.
- Inbound Marketing Opportunities: This is an easy opportunity to further increase your inbound marketing. If your infographics are relevant to any of your blogs, add the content in as a visual element to help catch the readers eye! Remember, it must be relevant to your target audience.
If you are producing infographics that are creative, visually appealing, and pertain to your audience, it will surely help drive traffic to your site and boost SEO. Along with that, it can also help you generate followers and likes when used on social media. Out with the ordinary bar graphs, in with the fun infographics!